Write a review
- Helen’s Scone Mix
- 2 eggs
- 250ml buttermilk
- 28g melted butter
- 20g raisins
- 40g dried cranberries
- 20g dried apricot
- 10g ground almond
- Pre- heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, melted butter and buttermilk.
- Mix at a low speed in the food mixer for one minute or alternatively mix by hand.
- Divide mixture evenly between the muffin cases and glaze with some egg wash.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the tray and allow to cool.
- Helen's Scone Mix
- Helen's Scones are so easy to make and are soft, light and delicious with a light golden top. To add more interest add a grated apple or some dried fruit. This mix can also be quickly turned into a light breakfast muffin.
Food by Helen https://www.foodbyhelen.com/